A suspect has been arrested in Stockton in reference to a sequence of deadly shootings, authorities introduced Saturday.
Wesley Brownlee, 43, was arrested at 2 a.m. Saturday on suspicion of murder in reference to six deadly shootings in Oakland and Stockton, which started final 12 months and continued by final month, Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden mentioned at a information convention. 5 of the killings occurred in Stockton, all this 12 months.
Brownlee was “out looking” on the time of his arrest, police mentioned, however they didn’t say whether or not he was armed.
Police first notified the general public of the killings late final month, saying that the 5 Stockton shootings have been “linked.”
Per week later, police introduced that further shootings in 2021, together with a deadly one in Oakland, have been additionally linked. A girl in her 40s was shot a number of instances in Stockton final 12 months however survived.
“We do consider we might have a possible serial killer,” McFadden instructed reporters at a information convention earlier this month.
The Stockton victims have been recognized as:
- 35-year-old Paul Alexander Yaw, killed July 8 within the 5600 block of Kermit Lane.
- 43-year-old Salvador Debudey Jr., killed Aug. 11 within the 4900 block of West Lane.
- 21-year-old Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez, killed Aug. 30 within the 800 block of East Hammer Lane.
- 52-year-old Juan Cruz, killed Sept. 21 within the 4400 block of Manchester Avenue.
- 54-year-old Lawrence Lopez Sr., killed Sept. 27 within the 900 block of Porter Avenue
Juan Miguel Vasquez Serrano, 39, was killed in Oakland in 2021.