The gunfire rang out Monday afternoon within the farms that dot the coastal hills of San Mateo County in and round Half Moon Bay.
When it was over, seven folks have been useless at a number of agricultural areas. Then, the alleged gunman was discovered parked subsequent to a Sheriff’s Workplace substation, the place he was taken into custody. It got here two days after the mass capturing in Monterey Park and fewer than two weeks after the Goshen, Calif., capturing that left six useless.
Here’s what we all know:
The place have been the shootings?
- The violence occurred at two farms a couple of mile aside.
- Authorities discovered the primary 4 victims shot to loss of life within the 12700 block of San Mateo Street in an unincorporated space of the county simply earlier than 2:30 p.m. A fifth sufferer was additionally discovered within the space and brought to Stanford Medical Middle with life-threatening accidents,
- Minutes later, in an space a couple of mile away within the 2100 block of Cabrillo Freeway, deputies discovered three extra victims useless of obvious gunshot wounds.
- San Mateo County Sheriff Christina Corpus mentioned a number of the victims have been killed in entrance of kids who lived close by and had lately been launched from college. “For kids to witness that is unspeakable,” she mentioned.
What do we all know in regards to the gunman?
- He was recognized as Chunli Zhao, and authorities mentioned he was an worker on one of many farms. He’s believed to be a resident of Half Moon Bay.
- He was noticed sitting in his automobile on the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Workplace substation in Half Moon Bay at about 4:40 p.m., officers mentioned. Video from ABC 7 confirmed deputies taking a person to the bottom within the parking zone. The person was sporting a white cap, vest and purple long-sleeve shirt.
- Authorities mentioned they’re nonetheless making an attempt to find out a motive.
What in regards to the victims?
- The names of these shot haven’t been launched. They’re believed to be employees on the farms.
- A reunification middle was arrange for farmworkers displaced by the shootings. San Mateo County Supervisor Ray Mueller was on the middle Monday evening to talk to displaced farmworkers and households of the victims. He mentioned that one household came upon in entrance of him that their relative had died within the capturing. He estimated that about 30 to 40 folks have been there with him as of seven:30 p.m.